Crispy Rosemary Chickpeas
Total Time:50 minutes; 10 minutes active
If you’re looking for a crispy, rosemary-infused snack, this is for you. Instead of chips, make a fresh, rosemary-laced batch of roasted chickpeas for a more healthful, hearty nosh that is sure to please. These are also excellent sprinkled on salads or bowls.
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Rosemary sprigs, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper, and reserve.
- Drain the chickpeas. Spread a clean kitchen towel on the counter and spread the chickpeas on it to dry. Let air dry while the oven preheats for 20 minutes.
- Place the chickpeas on the parchment-lined pan, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 30 minutes, stirring at the halfway point. When the chickpeas are lightly browned, remove and cool on a rack. Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to a day. Can be reheated on a sheet pan in the oven at 400 F for five minutes to serve warm.
- Serve garnished with fresh rosemary sprigs.
Serve as an appetizer before a meal or a snack between meals. These can also be served with salad or soup as a crouton alternative!
120 calories, 5 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 650 mg. sodium, 15 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 5 g. protein