Rosemary Spiced Nut Mix
Total Time:30 minutes; 10 minutes active
Toast up a spectacular, simple and irresistible snack.
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1/2 cup whole raw cashews
- 1/2 cup shelled raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat the oven to 300°F. Line a sheet pan with a rim with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the pecans, cashews and pumpkin seeds. Toss to mix and reserve. In a small saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat, and when melted, add the rosemary. Stir until the rosemary is fragrant and the butter is bubbling. Add the smoked paprika, cumin, salt and honey, and stir to mix. When the honey is melted and mixed in, pour the mixture over the nuts in the bowl. Toss and stir to coat.
- Spread the nuts on the prepared sheet pan and place in the oven for 10 minutes, then stir and bake for 8 to 10 minutes longer. When the nuts are lightly toasted and shiny, remove the pan from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack. While the nuts are still hot, transfer them to another bowl to cool completely.
- When cooled, store in a jar or storage container, tightly covered, for up to a week at room temperature, or a month in the refrigerator.
Fill a bowl with nut mix to serve alongside a selection of cheese, charcuterie and marinated olives—a simple spread ideal for entertaining a few friends. Or sprinkle a handful on top of a green salad for a savory, spicy accent.
280 calories, 24 g. fat, 5 mg. cholesterol, 125 mg. sodium, 13 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 7 g. protein