Maple Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Total Time:40 minutes; 15 minutes active
Get the family ready to dig into this veggie side with just as much enthusiasm as the mac and cheese. The heat of the oven roasts the sprouts into tender, caramelized nuggets, coated with maple, balsamic and Dijon for amazing flavors and textures.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts and then cut in half from top to bottom.
- Toss Brussels sprouts in a large bowl with olive oil, ½ teaspoon of salt and black pepper until lightly and evenly coated.
- Arrange Brussels sprouts on a large baking sheet, cut side down. Roast in oven for 20 minutes.
- While the Brussels sprouts roast, combine the maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, Dijon, garlic and pepper flakes in a small bowl and stir to mix.
- When the Brussels sprouts are browned and tender, drizzle with the maple mixture and toss to coat. Return to the oven for 5 minutes to heat through. Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley.
Serve with a rotisserie chicken and roasted potatoes.
120 calories, 7 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 340 mg. sodium, 15 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 4 g. protein