Parmesan Roasted Kohlrabi and Carrots
Total Time:50 minutes; 10 minutes active
Meet your new friend kohlrabi! If you haven’t discovered a favorite kohlrabi dish, try this savory, cheesy roast. Wedges of kohlrabi and chunks of carrot become tender and sweet in the oven, and a sprinkling of parmesan turns golden and chewy as a finishing touch.
- 4 medium kohlrabi, peeled
- 2 large carrots, ½ inch slices
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the peeled kohlrabi in half, then slice each half into wedges, about ½ inch thick.
- In a large roasting pan, combine the kohlrabi and carrots, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 30 minutes, shaking the pan and stirring at 15 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and browned.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and roast for 10 minutes to brown the cheese. Serve hot.
Serve with roast chicken, meatloaf or any meal that could use some cheesy, savory vegetables.
150 calories, 5 g. fat, 5 mg. cholesterol, 400 mg. sodium, 21 g. carbohydrate, 12 g. fiber, 8 g. protein