Total Time:10 minutes
A cool, creamy sweet lassi is a welcome contrast to spicy curries and delicious as a breakfast or snack. This strawberry version is an appealing pink drink with the fragrance of cardamom.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 pinches ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon rosewater (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender. Secure the lid and blend until smooth.
- Serve over ice, if desired.
Serve after a spicy curry or alone as a delicious probiotic breakfast or snack. For more protein, try using Greek-style yogurt.
160 calories, 3 g. fat, 10 mg. cholesterol, 60 mg. sodium, 30 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 5 g. protein