Total Time:45 minutes total; 10 minutes active
Summer berries take on a hint of smoke from the grill and a little drama from the sear marks. These are fun to serve on the skewer and enjoy with just a sprinkle of crunchy sugar.
- 1 pound strawberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- Hull the berries, then skewer from the stem end to the tip, dividing the berries between the four skewers.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and stir in the cinnamon. Use a pastry brush to paint the butter on the strawberries, then put them on a plate.
- Preheat a gas grill on high or build a charcoal fire.
- Place the skewers on the grill and sear over high heat, just until marked and slightly softened, about 2 minutes per side.
- Return the strawberries to the plate and sprinkle each skewer with a teaspoon of turbinado sugar.
Add to a green salad or a bowl of vanilla ice cream.
160 calories, 12 g. fat, 30 mg. cholesterol, 0 mg. sodium, 13 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 1 g. protein