Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetables
Total Time:3 or 8 hours cooking time; 20 minutes active
Simplify dinner with this easy, flavorful one-pot dish.
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 lb. sweet potato, 3 cups 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 8 oz. green beans, 3 cups
- 1/4 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or water
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Place the chicken in a 4-quart slow cooker, and cover with sweet potatoes, carrots and green beans. In a cup, stir the tamari, tomato paste, chicken stock, garlic and dried basil and pour over the contents of the slow cooker. Stir to coat.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 3–4 hours. Uncover the pot and serve the chicken and vegetables in their broth, sprinkled with fresh parsley.
Make this dish the center of the perfect warm meal for a cool fall evening: add a mixed green salad and a loaf of crusty bread.
450 calories, 11 g. fat, 105 mg. cholesterol, 630 mg. sodium, 26 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 34 g. protein