Total Time:40 minutes; 15 minutes active
Citrus season starts in December, and many varieties are still being harvested up to the end of February. All that sunny fruit comes in handy in the dark winter months, enjoyed out of hand or roasted for a light and juicy finish to any meal.
- 2 red grapefruits
- 2 large navel oranges
- 2 large blood oranges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped (optional)
- Line two sheet pans with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut away the peel and pith from all the citrus, then slice the flesh into ½-inch-thick rounds.
- In a cup, stir the olive oil, honey and vanilla. Add rosemary, if using.
- Use a pastry brush to baste each slice before placing, basted side down, on the pans. When all the slices are on the pans, baste the tops with remaining oil mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then use a spatula to turn the slices, then bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Let cool before serving.
Serves as a topper to a simple salad or to accompany roast poultry or lamb.
220 calories, 7 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 0 mg. sodium, 41 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 2 g. protein