White Bean and Broccoli Salad
Total Time:15 minutes
Add some healthy crunch to your meal with this tasty broccoli and bean salad.
- 2 cans navy beans
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 6 oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry, then sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- Drain and rinse the beans. Place in a large bowl. Add the broccoli, red bell peppers and scallions.
- In a cup, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over the bean mixture, then toss gently to mix.
- Refrigerate until time to serve.
This incredibly versatile dish can stand on its own or pair with any number of entrees, such as grilled meats (like pork and beef), white fish or veggie burgers.
310 calories, 12 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 550 mg. sodium, 40 g. carbohydrate, 14 g. fiber, 14 g. protein