White Bean and Fresh Mozzarella Salad with Basil
Total Time:10 minutes
This is one of our High Five recipes, made from five main ingredients or less. Simplify your life with more delicious High Five recipes.
Tender white beans and fresh mozzarella make a satisfying salad, laced with perky red peppers and doused with balsamic dressing. Fresh basil makes it taste like summertime, any time of year.
The High Five
- 2 15-ounce cans white beans, drained
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups jarred roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 6 tablespoons prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- Rinse the beans and drain well. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the mozzarella, basil, sliced red peppers and vinaigrette. Toss gently to coat with dressing.
- Serve or refrigerate, covered, for up to 4 days.
This heartier version of a traditional Caprese salad is delicious served with sliced baguette that has been toasted and rubbed with olive oil and garlic. Serve a scoop of the salad over a bed of mixed greens or wrap into a tortilla for lunch.
380 calories, 18 g. fat, 60 mg. cholesterol, 180 mg. sodium, 26 g. carbohydrate, 9 g. fiber, 28 g. protein