Stone Fruit Slaw
Total Time:20 minutes
When peaches, nectarines, plums, cherries and other stone fruits are in season, make this sweet and tart slaw. Select firmer fruits, so they will be easier to slice and still have some crunch to add to the slaw.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds stone fruit
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, avocado oil, honey, salt, curry powder and red pepper flakes. Whisk to combine.
- Slice the fruit from the pits, then julienne into thin strips. Transfer to the bowl with the mixture as you go, including any juices.
- Toss to mix and serve topped with scallions.
This makes a great side for grilled main dishes like pork chops, fish or plant-based burgers.
80 calories, 2.5 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 200 mg. sodium, 17 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 1 g. protein