Overnight Oats with Almond Butter and Fruit
Total Time:4 hours–overnight: 10 minutes active
Make breakfast a breeze with these tasty, healthy overnight oats.
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 3/4 cup almond milk, or other milk
- 1 tablespoon chia or flax seeds
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried fruit or 1/2 cup fresh or frozen fruit
- In a pint jar or 1 1/2–2 cup storage tub, combine the almond butter and almond milk and stir vigorously with a fork to mix well. Add the chia or flax seeds, oats, cinnamon and fruit. Stir.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to a week. To serve, you can stir and eat cold, transfer to a small pan and heat until hot on the stove, or microwave for 1 1/2 minutes or so.
This is a great breakfast on the go—just make sure your container is leak-proof! If you crave a tad of extra sweetness, drizzle with a bit of honey.
320 calories, 10 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 170 mg. sodium, 105 g. carbohydrate, 7 g. fiber, 8 g. protein