Egg Roll Bowl with Brown Rice
Total Time:25 minutes
Enjoy the delectable egg roll flavor in this quick, healthy, satisfying bowl.
- 1/2 block extra-firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large carrot, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, slivered
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 cups cooked medium-grain brown rice
- 2 large scallions, diagonally sliced
Slice the drained tofu into cubes. In a large saute pan, over medium-high heat, drizzle the vegetable oil. Add the tofu and stir, and then add the cabbage, carrots, mushrooms and onions. Stir frequently, scraping the pan to keep the vegetables from sticking, for about 4 minutes, until the cabbage is browning and the vegetables are crisp tender. Add the ginger, garlic, tamari and sesame oil and stir for a minute, until the pan is nearly dry. Serve over brown rice, topped with scallions.
Serve this flavorful bowl with extra condiments, like Sriracha or kimchi for some pan-Asian street food flavor. Or mix it up by serving the sauteed tofu and vegetables over of hot soba or udon noodles.
250 calories, 7 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 180 mg. sodium, 37 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 11 g. protein