Banana Oat Cookies
Total Time:35 minutes; 15 minutes active
When you crave a little something sweet without a lot of butter or sugar, try these chewy, chocolaty bites. Sweetened with ripe banana and enriched with peanut butter, these cookies can also be made gluten free using gluten-free oats.
- 2 medium-ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup creamy, unsalted peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a fork to mash the bananas until smooth. Stir in the flaxseed, salt and peanut butter until well-mixed. Stir in the oats then the chocolate chips.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized portions of dough and drop onto the prepared pans, leaving at least an inch of space between the portions. With damp palms, flatten each dough ball to ½ inch thick.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until firm to the touch and golden around the edges of each cookie.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let cool completely before serving or storing.
Serve with a tall glass of your favorite milk or a hot cup of coffee or tea.
70 calories, 3 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 50 mg. sodium, 9 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 1 g. protein