Watermelon Chia Parfait
Total Time:1 hour 15 minutes; 15 minutes active
Buy a large watermelon and use part of it to make this easy pudding parfait. Chia seeds thicken the sweet watermelon puree and add minerals, omega-3 fatty acids, fiber and antioxidants. Creamy vanilla yogurt makes the parfait into a protein-rich treat.
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Put the watermelon cubes in a blender container and blend until smooth. Add chia seeds, honey and lemon and pulse until mixed. Transfer to a storage container and refrigerate until thickened, about an hour.
- In six 8-ounce juice glasses or wine goblets, measure ¼ cup of the watermelon mixture, then top each with ¼ cup of yogurt and ¼ cup of watermelon, then top with ¼ cup raspberries.
- Garnish with mint and serve.
Serve for breakfast on a hot summer morning or as a refreshing snack. Try using Greek yogurt for an extra protein boost.
240 calories, 2.5 g. fat, 10 mg. cholesterol, 35 mg. sodium, 126 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 6 g. protein