Sheet Pan Cod with Sweet Potatoes and Olives
Total Time:55 minutes; 15 minutes active
This sheet pan meal is a great way to roast vegetables and fish in one pan, eliminating extra pots to wash. Sweet potatoes take a savory turn when mixed with juicy Kalamata olives and artichoke hearts and create a bed for quick-cooking cod fillets.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, sliced ⅓ inch thick
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 15-ounce can of artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 6-ounce cod fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Add the sweet potatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, rosemary and lemon zest to a sheet pan, then drizzle with three tablespoons of the olive oil. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of the salt and toss to coat.
- Roast the sweet potato mixture for 15 minutes. The sweet potato slices should be tender when pierced with a paring knife. Turn the potato slices with a spatula, then top with the cod fillets, drizzle the cod with the remaining olive oil, sprinkle with remaining salt, then return to the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily.
- Drizzle the fish with lemon juice, sprinkle with parsley and pepper, and serve one cod filet and about one cup of vegetables per person.
Serve this dish with a side of roasted asparagus or a fresh green salad.
430 calories, 17 g. fat, 75 mg. cholesterol, 730 mg. sodium, 38 g. carbohydrate, 8 g. fiber, 34 g. protein