Nut Butter and Flax Powerballs
Total Time:20 minutes
These convenient no-bake snacks pack a big protein punch into a single bite.
- 1 1/2 cups almond butter
- 1 banana, peeled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup almonds, finely chopped
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the almond butter, banana, flax, protein powder, cocoa powder and honey. Blend until smooth.
- Line a plate or pan with parchment paper. Roll the mixture into 1- to 2-inch balls and place on parchment paper. Next, roll each ball in the chopped almonds and return to parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator or freezer until firm.
Place these in a tightly-sealed container and store in the freezer for a convenient energy-boosting snack. They‘re a great addition to a party tray, too, with raw vegetables and dried fruit. Substitute peanut or cashew butter for almond, if you prefer.
296 calories, 24 g. fat, 6 mg. cholesterol, 15 mg. sodium, 14 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 12 g. protein