No-Bake Apricot Cashew Energy Bars
Total Time:1 hour, 15 minutes; 15 minutes active
Servings:Makes 14 bars
Make your own natural, no-sugar added energy bars—they're a cinch to prepare.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- Place the apricots, cashews, almonds and cashew butter in a food processor and mix until the apricots are finely chopped and the ingredients have come together. The mixture will still be coarse.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Stir until the mixture takes on the consistency of a very thick dough. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and press mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan. Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour, then check to make sure it has set. When set, turn the mixture out onto a cutting board and slice into 14 pieces. Keeps refrigerated up to 5 days.
Slice these energy-packed snacks into bite-sized cubes instead of bars, and package in individual reusable snack bags for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up. Substitute dried figs, dates or cherries for the apricots if you prefer.
350 calories, 25 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 65 mg. sodium, 29 g. carbohydrate, 6 g. fiber, 11 g. protein