Total Time:3 hours and 20 minutes; 20 minutes active
If you think making sorbet requires an ice cream maker, prepare to turn your food processor into a sorbet factory! Frozen fruit can be pureed to smoothness with just enough added natural honey to bring out the fruity flavor.
- 8 medium kiwis, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup almond milk or other dairy-free milk alternative
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Slice the kiwis into ½-inch rounds and spread on the prepared pan. Freeze until solid, about three hours. If you are not making sorbet the same day, transfer the frozen slices to a freezer container and store in the freezer for up to one week.
- To make sorbet, place the frozen kiwi slices in the bowl of a food processor and add the lime juice. Process, scraping down as needed, until the kiwi is finely chopped, with no large chunks.
- Add the honey and almond milk and process until smooth and thick.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a freezer container and store for up to one week. When frozen solid, let the sorbet sit for five minutes before scooping.
Serve in fun teacups or martini glasses to let the color of the sorbet stand out, and top with a slice of kiwi.
160 calories, 1 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 15 mg. sodium, 40 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 2 g. protein