Wild Mushroom Spread
Total Time:40 minutes; 10 minutes active
Servings:12 appetizer portions
This mushroom spread makes an elegant dip for raw vegetables or crackers and can also be used on sandwiches or meats,
- 1/2 pound white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pound wild mushrooms (such as shiitake and cremini), sliced
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 2 pounds cream cheese
- 4 scallions, sliced (optional)
- Melt the butter in a small stockpot and add the mushrooms, onion, wine, and cream. Simmer 30 minutes, or until reduced by half.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor and pulse until fairly smooth. Add cream cheese and blend again.
- Add scallions (if using) before serving.
Wild mushroom spread can be used on sandwiches, meats, or as an elegant dip with raw vegetables and crackers.
415 calories, 41 g. fat, 131 mg. cholesterol, 256 mg. sodium, 6 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 6 g. protein