Spicy Honeydew Salad
Total Time:20 minutes
Sweet and juicy honeydew takes a savory turn in this Asian-inspired salad. A little kick from jalapeño and a sweet and sour vinaigrette transforms the bright green melon cubes into an exciting companion to grilled meats or stir-fries.
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 large jalapeño, minced
- 4 cups honeydew, cubed
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- In a cup, stir the vinegar, tamari, ginger, honey and jalapeño. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, place the honeydew, cucumber and avocado, then cover with the reserved dressing. Toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with peanuts.
Serve with grilled meats or stir-fries.
140 calories, 7 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 115 mg. sodium, 19 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 3 g. protein