One Pan Lemon Chicken
Total Time:5 hours total; 20 minutes active
Simplify mealtime with vegetables and marinated chicken, roasted to perfection.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6 to 8)
- 1 medium sweet potato, unpeeled, cut crosswise in half-inch slices
- 1 large parsnip, sliced in rounds
- 1 large onion, cut in eight wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a storage container large enough to hold the chicken pieces, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, rosemary, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Marinate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spread the prepared vegetables in a large roasting pan. Drain the marinade from the chicken into the pan and toss with the vegetables. Place the chicken on top and put in the oven. Roast for 40 minutes, shaking the pan to loosen the vegetables every 10 minutes. When the chicken pieces are browned, test for doneness by inserting an instant-read thermometer into the thickest part of a thigh. It should read 160°F. When the chicken is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender, place them on a serving platter and top with parsley.
The great thing about sheet pan suppers is that you don’t really need to prepare anything more for your weeknight meal. That said, a green salad and a loaf of crusty French bread would make a weeknight, or any night, something special.
520 calories, 27 g. fat, 140 mg. cholesterol, 450 mg. sodium, 25 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 47 g. protein