Farfalle Pasta with Arugula
Total Time:30 minutes
This brightly flavored Mediterranean pasta, with sun-dried tomatoes, olives and walnuts, is delightfully delicious.
- 12 ounces farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 5 ounces arugula
- 1/4 cup pitted, chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 cup canned great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces Asiago cheese, shredded
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles until al dente, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a large pot. Saute the garlic for 1 minute and add the cooked pasta, sun-dried tomatoes and walnuts and saute for another 1 to 2 minutes. Add the arugula and wilt for a few minutes, then add the olives, beans, lemon zest and juice and the remaining butter and stir well. Remove from heat and season with salt and black pepper. Stir in the Asiago cheese and serve.
Hearth bread or focaccia and a green salad are the perfect complement to this classic pasta dish. Substitute pine nuts for walnuts, green olives for Kalamata or spinach for arugula if desired.
592 calories, 17 g. fat, 27 mg. cholesterol, 256 mg. sodium, 41 g. carbohydrate, 10 g. fiber, 15 g. protein