Chicken and Pea Salad
Total Time:40 minutes total; 15 minutes active
Chicken salad is much more interesting with the addition of crisp snap peas and sweet English peas. In this easy dish, yogurt replaces the usual mayonnaise, with a little boost in flavor from extra virgin olive oil. You can roast chicken for this or use leftover or rotisserie chicken to save time.
- 1/2 pound snap peas
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, nonfat
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Salt to taste
- Trim the snap peas, chop into ½-inch pieces and place in a bowl with the chicken. Add the thawed peas, scallions and parsley.
- In a cup, stir the yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest and tarragon. Pour over the chicken mixture and stir to mix.
Serve on a bed of butter lettuce with crackers or on sandwiches.
270 calories, 10 g. fat, 75 mg. cholesterol, 105 mg. sodium, 11 g. carbohydrate, 3 g. fiber, 34 g. protein