Brown Bag Apple Salad
Total Time:15 minutes
This tasty apple fruit salad is perfect for a brown bag lunch. If refrigerated, try it with Greek yogurt, too.
- 1 apple, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 small orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granola
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (optional)
In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients and serve immediately. If making the salad a day ahead, add the granola just before serving.
Pack the apple salad into individual serving containers and top each with equal amounts of the granola (if the lunch box/bag will not be in the refrigerator, leave out the yogurt). Substitute orange juice for apple juice or lime juice for the lemon juice for an even perkier flavor.
113 calories, 1 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 42 mg. sodium, 22 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 2 g. protein