Balsamic Peach Salad
Total Time:15 minutes
Sweet meets savory in this simple salad that lets peaches shine.
- 4 ounces mixed salad greens
- 4 medium peaches
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, small balls
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Wash and dry the greens, and place in a large serving bowl. Slice the unpeeled peaches a half-inch thick and place on top of the greens. Scatter the mozzarella over the top.
- In a small bowl or jar, combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper and mix well. Add the olive oil and whisk or shake to mix. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to mix. Serve immediately.
Add a loaf of crusty French bread for an easy salad supper. The fruit-forward flavors also make this a great fresh side for grilled meats.
350 calories, 24 g. fat, 30 mg. cholesterol, 320 mg. sodium, 19 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 17 g. protein