Tofu Fried Rice
Total Time:10 minutes
This is one of our High Five recipes, made from five main ingredients or less. Simplify your life with more delicious High Five recipes.
This stir-fried rice featuring tofu and carrots comes together in only ten minutes when you make the rice ahead of time. Cook up a pot of brown rice on the weekend, and save some to make this dish later in the week.
The High Five
- 10 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and cut in small cubes
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (from 1 cup raw rice)
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
Pantry and Kitchen Items
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a large wok or saute pan, heat the oil for a few seconds over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and stir. Fry the tofu until crispy and browned, for about 4 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan with a metal spatula.
- After the tofu is golden, add the carrots and stir for 30 seconds.
- Quickly add the eggs, then crumble the cooked rice on top, and pour the teriyaki sauce over that. Start stirring, coating the rice and carrots with egg and sauce. Stir until the eggs are cooked and no longer shiny and wet. Serve hot.
You can make this dish with other grains, so if you love quinoa or barley, make it your own by frying them like rice.
400 calories, 13 g. fat, 105 mg. cholesterol, 790 mg. sodium, 53 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 20 g. protein