Three Bean Chili
Total Time:40 minutes
Chili brings together simple ingredients to create big flavor. Quick and easy, this chili is delicious and satisfying.
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 7 ounces vegetarian ground beef
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomato
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can red beans,
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- In a medium, heavy-bottomed pot, heat the oil over medium heat
- Add the diced onions and pepper and saute on high heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Crumble vegetarian ground beef into the onion mix and brown, as you would with ground beef.
- When cooked through, add beans and tomatoes, bring to boil. Simmer, stirring often, for 30 minutes, or until thick.
Garnish with your choice of brown rice, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, or onions.
856 calories, 7 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 454 mg. sodium, 148 g. carbohydrate, 48 g. fiber, 54 g. protein