Smoked Sausage Cassoulet
Total Time:75 minutes
This hearty dish is bursting with flavor. Delicious the day you make it and the next day, too.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence
- 1 pound Andouille sausage, cooked and sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can navy beans, rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 cup broth, vegetable or chicken
- 2 small bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and saute the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the Herbs de Provence and sliced sausage and saute 2 more minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a 3-quart casserole dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, then remove cover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season to taste.
Garnish with shredded or flaked Parmesan cheese and serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
700 calories, 44 g. fat, 85 mg. cholesterol, 1080 mg. sodium, 46 g. carbohydrate, 12 g. fiber, 32 g. protein