Scrambled Egg and Ricotta Tartines
Total Time:25 minutes total; 15 minutes active
Take scrambled eggs and toast to another level by mixing ricotta and parmesan to spread on toasted, rustic bread, covering it with softly scrambled eggs, then crowning it all with caramelized scallions. Breakfast, or even lunch, just got a whole lot more interesting.
- 4 large scallions, cut in 4-inch lengths
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 4 large eggs
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 large slices of rustic bread
- Olive oil
- Warm the butter in a medium saute pan over medium heat, then add the scallions and garlic. When the scallions start to sizzle, cover the pan and turn to medium-low heat. Cook for 10 minutes, until the scallions are very soft and golden brown. Stir in vinegar and cook for a few additional seconds.
- While the scallions cook, mix the ricotta, parmesan and lemon zest in a medium bowl and reserve. Whisk the eggs with salt and pepper. Toast the bread.
- When the scallions are ready, transfer to a plate and keep warm. In the same pan, drizzle a little oil and place it over medium heat. Add the eggs and scramble, stirring and turning until softly cooked.
- Place a slice of toast on each of two plates. Spread the toast with half of the cheese mixture, then top with half of the scrambled eggs. Divide the scallions between the two and serve.
Enjoy for breakfast or a brunch with a warm cup of coffee or tea.
640 calories, 43 g. fat, 525 mg. cholesterol, 580 mg. sodium, 26 g. carbohydrate, 3 g. fiber, 38 g. protein