Miso Ginger Stir-Fry with Sea Vegetables
Total Time:30 minutes
Full of delicious and nutritious vegetables, miso and arame give this stir-fry extra flavor depth.
- 1/4 cup dry arame seaweed
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce or more to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups chard, stems removed, chopped
- 1 cup onions, julienned
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced into half-moons (1 medium carrot)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup celery, sliced (approximately 1 rib)
- 1 cup green beans, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- To make a stir-fry sauce, whisk together the miso, water, tamari,1 teaspoon of the minced ginger, Sriracha sauce (if using), and honey. Set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until softened. Add carrots and celery, saute for 2 minutes and then add the remaining ginger and saute for 2 minutes more. Add green beans, mushrooms and broccoli and saute an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the miso sauce and seaweed to the pan, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Add the chard and steam for 2 minutes.
Served over brown rice or hearty ramen noodles, this stir-fry makes a delicious main course. Or for a warming soup, add a cup or two of vegetable broth and cubes of marinated tofu. A dash of chili oil will bring some extra heat!
Calories: 266, Fat: 9 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 816 mg, Carbohydrate: 25 g, Dietary Fiber: 5 g, Protein: 6 g