Lentil Salad with Radish
Total Time:40 minutes, 10 minutes active
Lentils take center stage in Christy Morgan's recipe for a zesty radish salad with a homemade mustard vinaigrette.
- 1 cup lentils
- 2-3 cups water
- 2 red radishes, trimmed and thinly-sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash of maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste
- Pinch of black pepper
- Sort through the lentils for stones or debris; rinse thoroughly, and drain. Add lentils and water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Partially cover and lower heat to a simmer. Cook for 30-35 minutes (or until lentils are soft when pinched between your fingers). Drain in a colander and rinse lentils briefly. Drain well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tamari, mustard, syrup, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine the lentils, radishes, tomatoes and oregano in a medium sized bowl and mix well. Pour in the dressing, mix well and season to taste.
Perfect with stuffed grape leaves and baked pita chips, or scooped into a pocket bread with a little hummus or baba ganouj and/or a squeeze of lemon.
Tips & Notes
Learn more about legumes and watch Christy Morgan make this recipe in this Co+op Kitchen video.
359 Calories, 2 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 136 mg. sodium, 63 g. carbohydrate, 12 g. fiber, 26 g. protein