Honey Mustard Chicken
Total Time:60 minutes; 30 minutes active
Honey and mustard combine to make a tangy, sticky glaze for these chicken thighs. You’ll brown the thighs in batches on the stovetop before covering them with a warm sauce to bake to tender perfection. Roast new potatoes at the same time for a crowd-pleasing meal.
- 12 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Have a large roasting pan or 9-by-13-inch baking pan ready. Place the chicken in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss to mix.
- In a medium bowl, combine the honey, mustards and Worcestershire sauce, stir to mix and reserve.
- Place a large saute pan over medium-high heat and heat for a minute, then drizzle with oil. Arrange the chicken pieces in the pan, and brown for 2 to 3 minutes per side — you'll have to do this in batches. Use tongs to transfer the chicken to the baking pan.
- Add the shallots to the pan juices and stir. Reduce to low heat. Stir until the shallots are softened and the browned bits have loosened. Pour in the honey mixture and stir just until hot.
- Pour the honey mixture over the chicken and turn to coat. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the pieces and bake for 15 minutes longer, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the meat reads 165 F.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and keep warm. Scrape the contents of the baking pan into a small pot and place over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to boil without boiling over, and cook, stirring frequently, until the juices have thickened to a pourable sauce, about 4 minutes.
- Pour the juices over the chicken, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
Serve with roasted new potatoes and a green salad or slaw.
340 calories, 22 g. fat, 105 mg. cholesterol, 390 mg. sodium, 16 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. fiber, 22 g. protein