Honey Ginger Lemonade
Total Time:30 minutes; 10 minutes active
Make yourself a refreshing drink and infuse it with antioxidant-rich turmeric and ginger while you’re at it. This lemonade will give your tongue a little tingle, thanks to the ginger. It’s naturally sweetened with honey.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 inch fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan, remove from heat, and stir in the ginger, turmeric and honey. Let stand and steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into a quart jar and stir in the lemon juice.
- To serve, fill a 12-ounce glass with ice and pour ½ cup of lemonade concentrate over the ice. For a crowd, fill a two-quart pitcher with ice and pour all the concentrate over the ice cubes.
This tonic can also be served warm. Instead of pouring over ice, pour the still-warm concentrate into a mug and add ½ cup of hot water.
110 calories, 0 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 0 mg. sodium, 30 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. fiber, 0 g. protein