Chorizo and Avocado Salsa
Total Time:20 minutes
Spice up your party (or just an afternoon snack!) with chorizo sausage and avocado salsa.
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage, diced small
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 avocadoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- Salt to taste
- Saute the diced chorizo in a skillet until lightly browned. Remove from the skillet and set on a paper towel to drain and cool.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the garlic, jalapeño, tomato, avocado, corn, chipotle peppers and lime zest and juice. Add the chorizo and salt to taste.
This salsa is delicious in a breakfast burrito or taco. For a party platter, cut 3 avocados in half and remove the pits. Use a tablespoon to remove some of the avocado flesh and create a well. Slice a small piece from the bottom of the avocado so it will sit flat without rocking. Spoon the salsa into the individual avocado halves and serve with tortilla chips and spoons.
367 calories, 27 g. fat, 37 mg. cholesterol, 549 mg. sodium, 21 g. carbohydrate, 7 g. fiber, 14 g. protein