Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
Total Time:30 minutes active, plus 4 or more hours to freeze.
A little pumpkin puree, sugar and spices easily transform vanilla ice cream into a scrumptious filling. Paired with a tasty gingersnap cookie crust, it makes for a fabulous fall treat!
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 25-30 gingersnap cookies
- 3 tablespoons raisins or pitted dates
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or freshly cooked)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. In a food processor, process the raisins or dates, then add the cookies and pecans. Blend until they are coarse crumbs. Slowly blend in the melted butter. Grease a pie pan, and using your fingers, pat the mixture into the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Bake the crust for 12-15 minutes. Let it cool before adding the filling.
- In a food processor, blend all of the filling ingredients until smooth. Pour into cooled crust. Depending on the size of the pan, there may be a little filling left over; if so, pour into a small cup and freeze for an individual dessert. Put the pie in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Let the pie sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before slicing with a knife heated in hot water. Serve with whipped cream or caramel sauce.
Calories: 394, Fat: 20 g, Cholesterol: 45 mg, Sodium: 219 mg, Carbohydrate: 51 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 5 g