Honey-bourbon Glazed Ham Steaks
Total Time:15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or butter
- 4 4-ounce ham steaks
- Combine the bourbon, honey, ginger and cloves in a cup and stir to mix.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add oil or butter and tilt the pan to coat. Place the ham steaks in the hot pan and sear on both sides for about 1 minute per side. When the ham is browned and heated through, take the pan off the heat, move the ham to a plate and cover loosely with a pan lid or foil to keep warm.
- Put the pan back on the burner over medium heat and add the honey mixture, stirring as soon as it hits the hot pan. It will boil and thicken quickly, within 30 seconds or so. Put the ham steaks back in the pan and turn frequently until they are glazed and coated.
- Serve immediately and drizzle with any sauce left in the pan.
Accompany this dish with baked sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli and homemade whole-wheat dinner rolls!
Tips & Notes
This recipe is so flexible, it’s easy to make it with one 8-ounce ham steak and half of the sauce, if you just want two servings, or double it for 8 people.
240 calories, 6 g. fat, 50 mg. cholesterol, 1440 mg. sodium, 18 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. fiber, 22 g. protein