Goat Cheese Crostini with Walnuts
Total Time:20 minutes
Servings:6 (12-16 canapes)
A small handful of ingredients are all that's required for these easy and delicious appetizers. A great crowd pleaser!
- 7 ounces chevre coated with herbs
- 1 baguette
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- Pomegranate seeds and fresh chopped herbs (optional)
- Turn on boiler or preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lay the walnuts on a sheet pan and lightly toast. Set aside.
- Slice the baguette into 12 to 16 slices, about 1/2" thick. Lay slices on a baking sheet and lightly brown on one side in the broiler or oven. Once the bread is browned, turn over the slices and drizzle the top of each with the vinaigrette.
- Slice the goat cheese into 12 to 16 rounds, about 1/4 inch thick, and place a slice on each piece of bread. Broil for about 3 minutes (or bake for 10 minutes) until the goat cheese begins to brown. Remove from oven.
- Arrange on a platter, sprinkle with toasted, gently crushed walnuts and drizzle with additional vinaigrette. Garnish with fresh chopped herbs or pomegranate seeds, if desired.
Calories: 371, Fat: 19 g, Cholesterol: 35 mg, Sodium: 582 mg, Carbohydrate: 33 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Protein: 17 g