Bok Choy Salad with Ramen
Total Time:20 minutes
Liven up your salad routine with this fresh and crunchy recipe.
- 1 package ramen noodle soup (reserve spice packet for another use)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 head bok choy
- 2 scallions, trimmed and diced (green tops and white parts)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Break up the dry ramen noodles into bite-sized pieces, place on an ungreased sheet pan and toss with the almonds and sunflower seeds. Toast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, just until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, rinse and pat dry. Slice the bok choy halves crosswise into 1-inch wide ribbons; remove the core and slice crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces. Transfer the bok choy to a large bowl. Toss the bok choy and scallions with the oils, vinegar, honey, tamari and orange juice. Add the toasted ramen, almonds and sunflower seeds and toss again just before serving.
Ready in just 20 minutes, this easy-to-transport salad is great for potlucks. Just double the recipe for a crowd. The crispy noodles and bok choy complement pork tenderloin, baked tofu steaks and stir-fried chicken tenders as well.
190 calories, 11 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 390 mg. sodium, 19 g. carbohydrate, 3 g. fiber, 6 g. protein