Thai Seafood Curry
Total Time:20 minutes
A tasty Thai-style curry with seafood, snow peas and red peppers.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste (see notes)
- 1 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 pound tilapia (or other firm white fish), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Thai basil (or basil), sliced
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the curry paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, snap peas, red pepper and seafood, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the seafood is cooked, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the Thai basil and let sit one minute before serving.
Serve with white or brown jasmine rice with lime wedges, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Different curry pastes come in different concentrations so use the recommended amount for your brand based on serving size.
- Substitute your favorite seafood and vegetables for the fish and snow peas/red pepper.
370 calories, 24g. fat, 104 mg. cholesterol, 1008 mg. sodium, 14 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 26 g. protein