Salsalicious Black Bean Soup
Total Time:10 minutes
Try this simple black bean soup for a tasty and nutritious meal in no time at all.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup store-bought salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly
- In a food processor or blender, combine beans, broth, salsa, chili powder, and cumin. Blend until fairly smooth.
- Transfer the bean mixture to a medium saucepan and heat through over medium heat, stirring often. Season to taste.
- Ladle into four individual bowls and garnish each with 1 tablespoon of sour cream and sliced scallions.
Calories: 362, Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 6 mg, Sodium: 186 mg, Carbohydrate: 58 g, Dietary Fiber: 20 g, Protein: 21 g