Curry Lamb Chops with Blackberry Chutney
Total Time:20 minutes
A curry rub is all you need to season the lamb, and fresh blackberry chutney adds sweet, tart and spicy flavors for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 8 small lamb loin chops (approx. 4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 6-ounce packages blackberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the lamb chops on a plate, sprinkle with curry powder and salt and rub to adhere. Let stand while you make the chutney.
- Place the chopped blackberries, ginger, red pepper flakes, cumin, lemon juice, honey and salt in a medium bowl and stir to mix.
- Place a large cast iron skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush a tablespoon of olive oil over the chops and place them in the hot pan. Sear or grill for two to three minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chops, to medium-rare.
- Serve two chops per plate, topped with about two tablespoons of chutney per chop.
Serve this flavorful dish with a simple side of steamed asparagus or a spinach and vinaigrette side salad.
460 calories, 19 g. fat, 150 mg. cholesterol, 920 mg. sodium, 27 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 47 g. protein