Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Total Time:45 minutes
Servings:48 (makes 4 dozen cookies)
These holiday cookies are great for office parties and as gifts. Vary them with dried cherries and chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and soda.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and mix well. Slowly blend in half of the oat and flour mixture, then add the ¼ cup of milk and mix well. Add the remaining oat and flour mixture along with the cranberries and pecans, and stir just enough to combine. Drop cookie dough by the heaping teaspoonful onto lined sheet pans and slightly flatten each cookie. Bake 12-14 minutes until cookies are just beginning to brown. Remove from pans and cool on racks before storing.
Easy to make and transport, these cookies are a great choice for holiday office get-togethers or home-baked gifts. Make smaller coin-sized cookies for the kids; just drop scant teaspoonfuls of dough on the baking sheet, and reduce the baking time to 7-9 minutes.
Calories: 78, Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 14 mg, Sodium: 47 mg, Carbohydrate: 10 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 1 g