Total Time:30 minutes
Enjoy these crab cakes as an appetizer with mustard sauce or lemon aioli or as main with slaw, potatoes and green beans.
- 1 pound lump crab meat, drained and picked of shells
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a large bowl, gently mix all of the ingredients except for the oil. Form the mixture into 8 equal-sized patties and set aside. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, gently place the crab cakes in the pan and saute for 4-5 minutes on each side until they are browning on the outsides and cooked through inside. Serve with fresh lemon wedges.
Crab cakes are a special party appetizer, topped with a dollop of mustard sauce, or lemon or lime aioli. Serve with creamy or tangy coleslaw, crisp green beans, steamed or roasted fingerling potatoes and corn for a festive meal.
131 calories, 6 g. fat, 81 mg. cholesterol, 378 mg. sodium, 7 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. fiber, 12 g. protein