Spanish Oyster Mushrooms with Jamón
Total Time:15 minutes
In Barcelona, a visit to the market revealed a great wealth of wild-crafted mushrooms. Spanish cooks love to show off these delicate, unique mushrooms in a garlicky tapas, with plenty of bread to mop up the savory juices. Look for interesting varieties of mushrooms at your local co-op to try in this dish.
- 1 pound oyster mushrooms (or other variety)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 ounces thinly sliced serrano ham, torn into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wipe any dirt from the mushrooms and cut them in large pieces, leaving any smaller ones whole. Trim the tough parts of the stems.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet and add the garlic, mushrooms and pine nuts. Toss and stir until the mushrooms are just softened and sizzling, from 2 to 5 minutes. Add the serrano ham and salt and toss, serve immediately.
Serve with a sliced baguette to mop the tasty juices.
197 calories, 15 g. fat, 24 mg. cholesterol, 490 mg. sodium, 10 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 9 g. protein