Eggnog Spiced Sugar Cookies
Total Time:15 to 25 minutes
Servings:Approximately 2 dozen cookies
If you love eggnog (and even if you don't), the delightful aroma and flavor of cinnamon and nutmeg make these perfect holiday treats.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar until creamy, then add egg, vanilla and eggnog; mix well. When liquid mixture is combined, add the flour mixture and stir until well blended.
- Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut with cookie cutter. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Or roll dough into balls and slightly press on to an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8-12 minutes (depending on thickness) or until golden brown on the edges.
Each cookie contains: 110 calories, 4.5 g total fat, 20 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 16 g total carbohydrate and 1 g protein.