Tahini Stuffed Dates with Cinnamon Chocolate
Total Time:10 minutes
Dates are so sweet, they can be filled with nutty tahini for a treat — no sugar needed. A drizzle of cinnamon-spiked dark chocolate makes this delicious dessert even better.
- 8 large Medjool dates
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- Using a paring knife, cut a slit the length of each date and slide out the pits. Scoop ¼ teaspoon tahini into the hollow of each date where the pit was, closing the date to contain the stuffing. Place the dates on a plate or in a tub.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave or over simmering water on the stove. Stir in the oil and cinnamon. Drizzle a little bit of the chocolate mixture over each date and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if using.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until firm.
The sweet and savory flavors of these dates pair well with salted nuts, soft cheeses or cured meats (like prosciutto). Try adding them to a cheese or charcuterie plate!
110 calories, 4.5 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 0 mg. sodium, 18 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 1 g. protein