Total Time:10 minutes
Smoothies have the appeal of a milkshake with the nutritional profile of a fruit salad. When you have over-ripe bananas, peel, slice and freeze them, and you’ll be ready to make smoothies anytime.
- 1 can low-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups frozen mangos
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all the ingredients, in order, in a blender and secure the lid.
- Blend, increasing the speed to high, until ingredients are very smooth. Serve immediately.
Tips and Notes
For this rich and satisfying smoothie, a can of coconut milk is preferable to the cartons of coconut-based nondairy milk that are typically found in refrigerated sections at co-ops. For a thicker, richer version, substitute regular coconut milk for low-fat.
320 calories, 13 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 15 mg. sodium, 50 g. carbohydrate, 6 g. fiber, 3 g. protein