Funky Pizza Party
Total Time:20 minutes
Get the fun going with this charming and healthy pizza-making activity! Makes a great lunch or party snack! For a larger image of the pizzas, click here.
- 3 whole grain English muffins halves
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (optional: make your own pizza sauce; see Tips & Notes below)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tomato
- 1 red pepper
- 1 zucchini
- sliced black olives
- 1 red onion
- 1 ham slice
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- green olives with pimento
- 1 green onion
- 1 green pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the English muffins in half. Cover each muffin half with pizza sauce. Top each one evenly with cheese.
- Follow the directions below to decorate the muffins. Put them on a baking sheet. Bake them for about 8 minutes. Take them out and let them cool before serving.
- Cut a circular slice from the side of the tomato. Place it in the center of a muffin half.
- Cut a few thin slices of red pepper for the legs. Put one end of each leg under the edge of the tomato. Cut two smaller slices of red pepper. Put them next to each other in the front.
- Add eyes. Cut a slice of zucchini. Use a drinking straw to stamp two circles from the zucchini. Place the zucchini circles on the tomato. Place two black olive slices around the zucchini circles.
- Add a small slice of red onion under the eyes for a mouth.
- Cut a slice of ham into a circle. Place it over the cheese on a muffin half.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese on top for hair.
- Put two green olive slices below the cheese for eyes. Use a long slice of green onion for the nose. Put it between and slightly below the olives.
- Cut a slice of zucchini. Cut the slice in half. Cut off a curve of zucchini skin. Put it under the nose for the mouth.
- Put a slice of black olive in the middle of a muffin half.
- Cut a few triangles about 1 inch long from the red pepper. Arrange the triangles around the black olive like petals.
- Peel a strip of zucchini skin 2 inches long. Cut it into into a thin rectangle. Cut a piece of green pepper into a leaf shape. Put the zucchini strip under the flower for the stem. Put the green pepper leaf next to it.
227 calories, 14 g. fat, 45 mg. cholesterol, 616 mg. sodium, 13 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 14 g. protein